As we previously communicated, the District had approval from years earlier to perform renovations at Dows Lane and to remove the modular buildings that housed the District Offices. Over the summer months, we were able to undertake this project. We are pleased to report that the construction of the new Dows Lane administrative offices, the nurse's office, the relocation of the District Offices to Dows Lane and the removal of the old District Offices were completed over the summer. The new offices were up and fully operational at the start of the school year.
We are also pleased to announce that the SED's Facilities Department has worked through its backlog of projects requiring its approval and we have now received the final approvals on the bond-related projects that voters approved last October. A revised timeline for completion of the projects will be developed in partnership with the District's architectural and engineering firms, with a target of winter 2016 to begin the RFP/bidding process.
These projects include:
* Replace univents and upgrade HVAC system at Dows Lane
* Boiler upgrades at MSS and Campus
* Restore gym roof at MSS
* Conversion to LED lighting in the DL Gym, MSS Gym and Campus Gym
* Renovate Middle School 'dust bowl' and add vestibules at school entrances
* Upgrade drainage and install artificial turf surface with organic infill on Meszaros Field and replace Oley Track
* Remediate and restore East Field with a natural grass playing surface
We look forward to continuing to update the community on the progress of these projects.