01382 729 301 Dundee Emergency Boiler Repair 24hr Central Heating Repair DD Gas Safe
To avoid the need for an Emergency Boiler Repair in Dundee follow these guidelines:
1. If you find signs of leakage in your central heating boiler it indicates that the internal ribs or chambers of the boiler are rotting through, allowing the water pressure over time to create pockets in the metal to find the surface. What happens is that the boiler increases in water pressure, and as the boiler gets older, flakes of metal and debris begin to build in the chambers from the heat exchange over time until it pushes through the outer walls, causing leaks.
2. It is a good idea to get a yearly inspection of your central heating boiler to ensure everything is up to code and running efficiently. They also have a number of standard checks they will do to ensure the system is safe.
3. Problem : No power to the boiler. Possible Reasons and Recommendations: You will need to check the fuse in the spur. This is the electrical point which supplies the boiler. This will be close to the boiler. If its ok check that the RCD hasn't tripped.
4. There is a number of cleaning and maintenance tasks you can do regularly that will extend the life and safety of the unit. Refer to your manufacturer's manual for details on this, as it varies by make and model to some degree.
5. Before you start installing the central heating pipes, you need to decide on the kind of piping material to be used. You have two options here—plastic or copper. Copper has traditionally been used in central heating pipes. However, these days many plumbers also recommend plastic pipes. Although the traditional belief is that copper pipes are more robust, the popularity of plastic pipes has been steadily on the rise. Copper pipes expand and contract more than plastic ones, which can result in the ghostly knocking sounds that are associated with hot water pipes. Copper piping is also more expensive than plastic piping. Ultimately, the choice is up to you because both types of piping materials are widely used in central heating systems.
6. Problem : One single radiator not heating up. Possible Reasons and Recommendations: Are the radiator valves switched off? Do check it out. Valves open by turning clockwise. Is the Thermostatic radiator valve TRV set too low? It might be that the valve has become stuck or faulty. Whilst this is unusual for a relatively simple device there could be associated problems like sludge in the system causing it to become stuck.
7. Boilers may appear to be functioning correctly and it can be tempting to just imagine that they will always work that way. Boilers must be serviced regularly by a Certified Heating Engineer to ensure that theyre running efficiently and to prevent break downs at a time that you need them most.
8. Problem : Cold Radiators Possible Reasons and Recommendations: Presuming the boiler is working but no heat is getting through to the radiators. If all radiators are affected the most likely reason is the failure of the central heating pump. After a period of inactivity sometimes the pump can stick and tapping it gently with a hammer can cause it to be freed. Bear in mind it could also be a boiler thermostat problem. Call an engineer to replace it if this little trick didn't.
9. The above list of faults is not in any way comprehensive as there are many others that appear regularly. Although brilliantly made and sophisticated in design, boilers can still suffer mechanical, electrical, water and gas issues.
10. Neglect of the system cost money and loss of heating system. Professional maintenance is not only cost effective, but the heating system will use less fuel.
Follow these tips to avoid the need for an Emergency Boiler Repair to your Central Heating system in the Dundee area.
Dundee, Emergency Boiler Repair, 24hr Central Heating Repair, DD, Gas Safe, Emergency Plumber Dundee, Southside Boiler Repair, Central Heating Service, Radiator Repair, West End Boiler Repair, Heating Repair, DD1,DD2,DD3,DD4,DD5,DD6,DD7,DD8,DD9,DD10,DD11,